Although we do our best to make sure that the colors printed on our web site are accurate, actual colors will vary. In addition, subtle color differences and textures may not be fully appreciated on some systems due to differences in monitors and/or display cards. Due to the fact that our products are all custom made, and can’t be returned, you need to be sure that you can live with any color variations that are possible from our scanning of the actual samples. If an exact color match is required, then please request a sample before placing your order. Once you receive your sample, keep in mind that all samples may still have minimal color variations as stated by the manufacturers. In addition to the above considerations regarding color, we’d like to suggest that you order all of your blinds of a given color at one time. There are sometimes slight variations between dye lots.
7-Day Price Guarantee
If you buy a product from us and see the identical product at a lower price within 7 calendar days after your original purchase, please contact us and we’ll refund the difference!
Be sure that the sale item has the same options as your original selection, and that the sale price is live on the site when you contact us to claim the guarantee. If these criteria are met, we’ll give you a credit for the difference in price, plus tax (if paid).
Fabric Back lighting:
“Back lighting” happens when light filters in through translucent fabrics from behind. Our swatches don’t show you the effect of back lighting, which can soften colors and highlight fabric textures. If you’d like to see how back lighting affects the color or texture of a particular material go visit your nearest retailer or request a sample from us.
For both inside and outside mounts the finished measurements of the window treatment are from the top of the headrail to the bottom of the bottomrail (or in the case of verticals the bottom of the vanes) for the height. The width is from the left edge of the window treatment to the right edge.
- Inside mount An inside mount fits within the window frame. On inside mounts specific deductions are taken by the factory for operating clearance. These deductions vary for each manufacturer and each product and are only approximate deductions. For more specific details please go to the product page for the product you are interested in on our site before completing your order.
- Outside mount An outside mount overlaps the window opening. Allowances are not taken by the manufacturer on this product. This is because you will need to supply us the exact measurements that you would like the window treatment to be. This includes adding extra for the width and the height to clear any trim etc if you so wish.
For a more complete and visual guide to measuring for blinds and shades, see our Measuring Guide. (NOTE: A pop-up with the measuring guide to be inserted)
Since all window treatments from Sunlightwindowcoverings.ca are custom made to your specifications, all orders are paid for when your order is placed. Visa, Mastercard are accepted online.
Changes, Cancellations and Refunds:
Because our products are custom made to your exact specifications, they are not suitable for resale in the ordinary course of business. Therefore, it is important that you are sure of your decisions before you finalize your purchase. Below are some points about how we handle cancellations and changes:
- Since production typically starts the morning after the order is placed, all orders are final.
- Address changes are not permitted once the manufacturer has made arrangements to ship the product.
- On extremely rare occasions there may be delays caused by out-of-stock materials, shipping delays, temporary factory overload, holidays, or other factors beyond our control. In the event of a known delay and a manufacturer notifies us, you will be contacted as soon as possible.
- We reserve the right to reject any order, at our discretion.
Discontinued and/or Back Ordered Items:
Sunlightwindowcoverings.ca has no control over products that are discontinued or placed on backorder by the various manufacturers. Sunlightwindowcoverings.ca will make every effort to remove discontinued items as soon as we are made aware of them and will notify you whenever we receive notice of any backorders.
Shipping Methods & Charges: – All orders ship with NO DUTY or CUSTOM CHARGES. If your package is too large to ship by standard shipping, we will ship it FOB the manufacturer’s facility via freight carrier, usually to your front door. No shipments can be made to PO Box addresses.
Address changes are not permitted once the manufacturer has made arrangements to ship your product.
Multiple Shipments – Different types of window treatments are often made in different manufacturing facilities. For the fastest delivery, we ship each product to you as soon as it is ready.
Delivery Times – Delivery times given are estimates based on normal production and shipping times. Delivery times may vary depending on the product. The estimated delivery times include working days after our receipt of your completed order and exclude weekends, holidays and factory closing days. On occasions, there may also be delays caused by out-of-stock merchandise, inventory-taking, temporary factory overload, or other unforseen problems. Sunlightwindowcoverings.ca cannot be responsible for shipping delays caused by problems which are beyond its reasonable control.
For shipments it is highly recommend that you inspect all packages for damage.
- Any damage needs to be noted on your Bill of Lading – any damage not noted is not eligible for a remake free of charge.
- Product(s) with minor damage may be able to be used and should be accepted and noted.
- There is a 48 x hour time period to report any unusable product for a remake.
- Badly damaged product should be refused and reported to us within 24 x hours from acceptance, therefore It will be remade as soon as possible.
Sales tax is automatically calculated for your Province/State upon checkout.
Inspection of Merchandise:
Inspect your merchandise as soon as you receive it and notify us within 24 x hours if the merchandise has been damaged in shipment. Also, please cheque to make sure that the products you ordered were made exactly as you specified when you ordered them. If you notify us that the merchandise has been damaged in shipment or was made incorrectly within 48 x hours of the date that the merchandise is delivered to you, Sunlightwindowcoverings.ca will have the damaged merchandise either repaired or replaced at no cost to you. If you do not notify Sunlightwindowcoverings.ca that the merchandise has been damaged within 24 x hours Sunlightwindowcoverings.ca will not repair or replace the damaged merchandise at no cost to you. All damaged shipments must be signed for as damaged.
To read the warranty that applies to the specific blinds or shades you are ordering, please click on the ‘warrantee and care’ links at each products information page.
Do I Need to Buy Hardware or Screws?
All hardware is provided with the possible exception of screws. This is due to the fact that differing screws are needed in differing applications. In most applications a #6 x 1 1/2″ screw is appropriate. However, the exact length and type of screw will vary depending on whether you are mounting your treatments into drywall, wood, concrete or metal.
If any other parts are missing, please contact us within 30 calendar days and we’ll help you get replacement parts. If it has been more than 48 x hours since you received your order, there will be a charge for any requested parts.
Any order containing 25 or more of the same product, of tax exempt status, or delivered to a non-residential address will be considered a commercial order.
Prices are subject to change without notice.